Sunday, June 22, 2008

Notice the open window!

I have been told numerous stories, by my fabulous in-laws, about how Jason would escape out the window when he was only 3 years old.  Marilyn or Steve would go into his room early in the morning to wake him and find an empty room.  Jason would have been up, dressed and out the window to play at a friends.  
The stories of Jason escaping, like most Fox family stories, are hilarious.  I just had a hard time believing a 3 year old was capable of that great feat.  That was until my 2 and 3 year old went missing the other day.  I could not find them in the house.  I called out to them and heard a faint reply.  I looked outside and there they were.  They had crawled out the window!  Like father, like sons.  
After explaining to the boys they need to let me know if they are going outside,  they had a simple explanation as to why they did it.  "We needed to see our shirts change colors, Mom!"
The great shirts they are wearing in the picture are from their Nana, they change color in the sun.  They boys really love them.  
The moral of this little story is the blame for my children escaping out the window is falling on my amazing mother in law.  Sorry Nana but it is all your fault.  I am writing this with a smile.  It really is all my fault for underestimating a Fox no matter what age he may be.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
We are the Fox family. Jason (aka. Dad) Alisa (aka. Mom), Alexander (aka. big brother), Jaxon (aka. Big/Little brother) and Dayne (aka. Baby brother) Oh, and we can't leave out Alana (aka. Big sister, little sister, helper, one of those) We have 1 dog named Julius and one little cat, Pandora. We are blessed to have an amazing extended family, a couple of adopted extended families and some really great friends.