Monday, September 1, 2008

Alexander the Baker




A few nights ago while shopping at the grocery store Alexander informed me that he really needed to buy a cake. "We need to celebrate, Mom!" When I asked him what we need to celebrate he wasn't quite sure, "Mom, we just need to have a cake to celebrate." "We will have a cake party."
The cake mix he wanted was on sale, so I really couldn't say no. He chose a white cake with sprinkles inside and cream cheese frosting. He was so excited to bake the cake, and was very disappointed when I told him he had to wait until morning.
The first thing out of his mouth when he woke up the next morning was, "Mom, I need to bake my cake." After eating a nutritious breakfast, we started baking the cake. Alex did all of the work, including cracking the eggs. He is so good at cracking eggs it is unbelievable. He read the numbers so we knew what temperature to set the oven and the timer. It was a fun and educational experience for him.
After frosting the cake we cut a piece for Alex to taste. It must have been that big breakfast that filled his belly, all that work and Alexander didn't even taste the cake!
Jaxon climbed up to take a bite when no one was looking. I had to taste it too, it was delicious, Alexander is a great baker, just like his Grandpa Dale.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum! Tell Alex that I really like chocolate cake with chocolate frosting!!! :) Hope you're doing well, are you ready for next week to start? I can't believe summer is over already!

alana.rachelle said...

good job alex! :D i can just hear him in my head saying all of those things in his adorable little voice! i miss you all! love you! xoxo

About Me

My photo
We are the Fox family. Jason (aka. Dad) Alisa (aka. Mom), Alexander (aka. big brother), Jaxon (aka. Big/Little brother) and Dayne (aka. Baby brother) Oh, and we can't leave out Alana (aka. Big sister, little sister, helper, one of those) We have 1 dog named Julius and one little cat, Pandora. We are blessed to have an amazing extended family, a couple of adopted extended families and some really great friends.